Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

The Day I Went Back In Time

I opened my eyes and couldn’t believe what I saw birds flying around me but suddenly a brave warrior killed a bird. The bird was cut and blood was coming out. The warrior was good at killing birds. I saw lots of things that amazed me. It was sad but everything I saw looked sick and poor and foggy, cold, dirty and damp too.

Then kids were playing around their mums and dads. Lots of boys spoke to me and I thought they said “Do you want to play with us?” But they actually just wanted me to eat, so I said “No thank you, I don’t like eating birds.” But they looked like they didn’t know what I was saying.

They looked like happy. I needed to go. I could smell wood also leaves, and I heard birds singing and poi swishing and it amazed me. I could smell fire, smoke, hangi, air, mud and dead plants hanging on the gate. Then I needed to go because it was time. But one more thing I loved was the plants that were crashing together like they were fighting like people. I said bye to every body and they said it in Maori.

2 comments:

  1. Talofa Romeo,
    I have enjoyed reading your writing on life in a Maori village from the past. You have really captured some of the images well. I LOVE watching how your writing is developing from reading your blogs. Congratulations. From Ms Hansell (Principal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Romeo you are trying very hard with your writing. I really like the way you described the plants - very imaginative!

    Mrs Anderson :-)

    ReplyDelete